I made this gift set for my husband while he was recovery in the hospital from hand surgery. you can see my sleepy eyed little one Ansleigh in the background waiting for Mom to finish picture taking and get her breakfast!
The box was filled lots of his favorite candies!
I used the Movers and Shakers XL Die cut to cut out this perfect card
measuring 4 1/4 x11 scored at 5 1/2 " in Rich Razzleberry. I also used the Movers and Shapers Heart Die to get that perfect heart in the center of the card. Then I cut out another heart in Orchid Opulence to put inside the heart for contrast. Make sure to stick the heart inside while your card is closed with a little dotto, dimensionals do not work it needs to be flat to open and close good. TIP:Also, Put all your Designer paper on your card first before running it through the big shot to do the heart. Its very hard to try to go back and line everything up afterward.
CS:Rich Razzleberry, Cottage Wall DSP, whisper white, old olive
INK: Ochid Opulence
Accessories: Big shot, Matchbox XL die to make the label, modern label punch and Movers and shakers die cut using the modern label as a background for the punch piece to set the sentiment on. I also used a small butterfly from the NEW Butterfly embosslit
coming in the NEW Occasions Mini catalog on Jan 5th. I love that embosslit. It gives you 5 embossed butterflies in all different sizes. super cool ladies!
I also used the NEW Vintage Vogue stamp set launching in the Mini. Topped it off with some Razzleberry polka dot ribbon and Viola'.
For the box: (2,5,7,10 box can be found on SCS under resources)
- Score a 8.5 x11 sheet of cardstock at 2,5,7,10
- then turn it and score the 8.5 side at 2" and fold up use sticky strip to adhere.
- Cut out a designer topper with the Cottage Wall DP in the form of a Top Note adhere the top note to the back of your box on the outside back with sticky strip
- then use your cropadile and put two holes in the top to run your NEW silky smooth Satin 5/8" Old Olive ribbon through to make your handle.
- Adhere the pieces of ribbon inside the box with glue dots so it will stay down.
- For the front I used a piece of velcro to keep the top down, but first I embellished it with a corduroy brad to make it purty!
- I used the two hearts that were left over from the cut out heart from the Movers and shakers card and adhered them to the front of the box with dimensionals and applied the sentiment with orchid ink on whisper white.
The nurses loved them and all inquired about what I do. One of the nurses is even going to have a workshop and offered to put up a flyer in their break room advertising my classes.
God blesses us when we least expect it sometimes and we were VERY blessed to have my husband home in time for Christmas.
He had a rod go through his hand and in about a 1& 1/2 inches while working. He missed his carpultunal nerve by 1/2" which the Dr. said would have left him disabled in that hand. We go back today for his check up and hopefully he will be released to go back to work and they will not have to do another surgery.Long road of physical therapy and lite duty. I pray the numbness in his fingers will go away in time and there is no permanent nerve damage. Thanks to all for your prayers.