Friday, May 14, 2010

A Page in Time!

(You can see in this picture I left it in the protector when I photographed it, it doesn't look all swirly white in real life)
My daughter Chesne went to the Seabreeze Prom here in Daytona. Her
picture was so beautiful I just had to make a scrap page with the New Presto Papers, my brayer and the New smooch sprays.
I started with layer of Barely banana- why you say? If you look at the picture... in the far left corner
it has some bushes among the greenery that is a light color. So I started with a very light layer of color, then I put a layer of Kiwi Kiss for a muted green because I knew I was going to have to use a bight green to draw out the stripes in her dress. So the next layer was Green Galore...WOW!! can you say bright! I was freaking out a bit... then I thought okay time to start smooching to bring this together.I started with the gold and vanilla blending it in with my sponge....still alittle bright then when I added the silver smooch spray and sponged it all over and alittle more vanilla on top of that it blended in and brought that deep vintage look I was going for that help draw out and blend with the black mat and the black in the dress.I can't tell you how long it has been since I have a picture that inspired me to scrapbook in what I call long form, you know I love my scrap tins...quick fast immediate gratification. But with these Presto Papers they are so awesome it really inspires me to create this page.
I was inspred by the post from Patty's Stampin Spot with Patty Bennett. I love the page she did of her grandmother! Go to http://pattystamps.com and check it out. My little girl is growing into a beautiful young woman. the best part is she is as beautiful on the inside as the out! God has blessed me beyond measure!

This photo lets you see a little closer view of the color scale and depth.
Without the shadows from the sheet protector.

I used my Seriff lowercase letter die cuts to do her name

Isn't this so elegant and beautiful!
This is so much fun!! Strongly suggest for a great time get all the smooch sprays and a pack of the presto papers and you will get inspired!!




1 comment:

kilroy said...

WOW! What a great picture. I see why you wanted to make a special page for it. Chesne looks so beautiful.