Monday, May 3, 2010

Smooching Birds!

This is the first card I made using our new smooch sprays and the AWESOME Presto Papers!
the base of the card is Old Olive, then brushed gold, some old olive DSP(retired), a piece of Presto paper without any recessed lines in it, cut into a top note.
I was sooo excited to hear that the retired in color River Rock was coming back that I couldn't wait I pulled it out and ran the brayer over my River rock pad and
  • I brayed the top note with it and then sprayed some silver and vanilla smooch spray using my trusty color catcher (a must have in your stash item)using a sponge rubbed all in getting it to the tint I was looking for in this card.
  • then I embossed in gold using Encore gold metallic ink on the stamp from "Elements of Style "NEW stamp set from the SMC
  • Then I stamped out several birds and used the log cabin and gold to get just the right combo I was looking for, it is definitely a learning process and so much fun!! I must have made 10 birds before I chose these 2 for my card.
  • Now this is the coolest bow I have ever made, I was somewhat casing the card in the SMC on page 12. I really hope that is gold satin ribbon in the picture and it will make it's debut in the NEW Idea Book & Catalog in JULY 2010.
Hope you like, they will get better with time!


This shimmery spray product comes in 4 colors:
Gold Glow (# 118770) ONLY $4.95 each
Silver Foil (#118771)
Vanilla Shimmer (#118772)
Log Cabin (#119921)
The "Color Catcher" (item #121093) is a great product to use when spraying the Smooch Spritz so that you don't get any spray on your surrounding area. $5.95 and well worth every penny!

No comments: