Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Keepsake Ornaments

I have been looking forward to this class ever since the Holiday catalog came out!
Out of all the amazing samples in the catalog this was my favorite.
I will share a few pictures from our class and the creations that were made.

 This is a sample I made with the Candlelight Designer Series Paper /Vanilla CS
and the Espresso Tulle and Silver Glimmer paper for the Snowflake
 Everyone chose to make the Suede/Espresso combination at class.
We used the Ornament Keepsakes stamp set and stamped the 2 ornament images in Soft Suede and Espresso on Vanilla CS, Vanilla CS makes a huge difference. TIP: I first used White CS and I really like how the Vanilla comes out much better even on my Cherry Cobbler and  Limeade ornaments as well.
 We used the Rosette die with our new silicone pads ( this is a new must have in our stash item) and our hot glue guns and it made rosette making so much easier. You just put a dab of hot glue on the end of your rosette when you have it all folded up and that keeps it together so that you can assemble it with out all the flipping and flopping over. It was a beautiful thing.
 This is Liz Cook's ornament. I love how she added the Espresso tulle to give it a rich depth.
Natural Composition DSP for her Rosette,Champagne Glimmer paper with 
the NEW snowflake die ( it has 3 different sizes of snowflakes to choose from on it),
 Crochet ribbon, and the Vintage Glass buttons with a large pearl in the middle. Hey where her pearl go?
 Love the back! We die cut a 3 inch circle and then stamped the sentiment on vanilla cs and popped it out with the 2 1/2 in circle punch.One of the girls used the NEW gold pen in the Holiday catty to sign hers with and it was gorgeous!
Then we made 3 rosette ornaments and stamped images in silver and heat embossed them
 Made this beautiful box to put them in.
Notice the top of box, yes we used the decorative label punch to make those designs and put some acetate behind it. I cased this beauty from one of my downline Leslie Sharpe.
The box is 3 inches wide so it fits 3 - 2 1/2 inch rosettes perfectly.

Looking forward to making a few more of these in different color combinations to WOW my friends and family when they receive the gifts at the Holidays with these beauties on top!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love your ornaments! I have been looking forward to making some myself. Hopefully this weekend.