Thursday, February 14, 2013

Stampin' Up! Valentine

Happy Valentines Day!
I wanted to share the Valentine I made for my sweetie!
It was so much fun! 
 This is a four heart fold card- I got the directions from Debbie Henderson who so generously shared her version and then this is what I came up with. I am so proud of myself that I was able to keep it from him without showing it to him before Valentines Day!
 I used SU First Edition& Candlelight DSP with Basic Black, Silver Glitter paper, Real REd
Check out the small soda pop tops in the middle of the floating heart. I smashed those and ran them thru the Big Shot. Also used the All a Flutter stamp set and Framelits, with the Heart framelits.
Have I mentioned how much I love the ticket punch now? Also, I used the stamp set Be My Valentine that came in the Valentine kits for the smaller sentiments.

Here are the directions for this cool card!
It's not just for Valentines- check back  for other cool samples I made using the 
By The Tide set and The Oh Whale set.
To create this card, all you need are 4 card stock panels measuring 5 1/2" x 4 1/4". I adhered a piece of DSP to each panel with a different pattern on each measuring 5 3/8 x4". I then scored each panel in the center at 2 1/8" on the 4 1/4" side. Before I folded on each score, I used my "Hearts Collection Framelits" to cut a heart in the center of each panel. In order to make sure all the hearts line up exactly on each panel, I measured an equal distance from the bottom of each panel and marked it with my pencil. I marked mine at 1 ¼ from the bottom on the score line and made sure that the points of the bottom of the heart line up on that point at the bottom and the center point of the heart line up on the score line up top. I made a template and then used that on the remaining 3 panels to mark my point so they would all line up. Tip: Use sticky strip to adhere your panels together.
Once all of your hearts are cut out, fold all 4 panels in half with your "Bone Folder". Adhere the half panels to each other until you get to the last one. Before you adhere the last 2 panels together, insert a piece of ribbon or baker's twine so that it will hang in the center of your card and glue in place. Finally, adhere your last 2 panels together.

If you want to create a floating heart in the center glued to the baker's twine like I did on mine, cut 4 hearts, fold in half and adhere the halves together like you did the card panels.
Embellish as you like. Enjoy. 

No comments: