Monday, September 28, 2009

Craft Store at the Daytona Flea Market

In May my husband came home and said those words a mother never wants to hear with a teenager going into their Jr. year and a sweet boyfriend.
Realizing I was going to have to leave a wonderful group of friends,
customers, sideline and downline.
"I am being transferred to Daytona Beach and we have 2 weeks to get there!"
As we started getting acclimated to the area I found there were not too many Stampin' Up demonstrators in the area, (like at home) and only one scrap shop everyone else had gone out of business! I thought WOW this is an incredible opportunity!
So one day we were exploring the city and visited the flea market and I noticed there was no one there that did what I do. Make paper crafts and travel around to craft shows.I am tired of traveling I wanted a stationary craft booth.
So I considered two things I can sell my crafts and what a great way to get connected with other paper crafters, those who are familiar with Stampin' UP! and those who aren't.
I was concerned that since we are not able to keep product on hand and that may be a problem
but once people see the quality of my crafts handmade from Stampin' Up! products they are willing to wait for an order to come in. I found impulsive buyers are usually the ones who end up with that stack of stuff in the closet and don't know what to do with it. Having someone to teach them techniques and to be able to attend a class is very appealing to locals.
Daytona's Flea Market is rated 5th in the Nation and I can't believe all the Stampin' Up! club members from groups with other demonstrators I meet and those that aren't familiar with SU I send home to look up a demo in there area. It is such a cool thing!
They love the concept of Stampin' UP!
In home workshops, classes, stamp camps but most of what I hear is
"I have so much of that stuff and I have no idea how to use it!!"
MY response" Stampin' UP! offers a creative coach for you to introduce you to every product you order! What other company does that? Plus I will help you figure out what to do with what you do have!!
Honestly like anything it is the perseverance that my upline Lisa instilled in
me from the day one that has helped me to hang in there.
Now I am getting repeat customers, meeting out of state customers who are ordering online and buying crafts. But still the best thing about being a Stampin' UP! demonstrator is the wonderful people that I meet along the way.
I love my job and sharing it with others!
Come visit MY FREE OPEN HOUSE on OCTOBER 17TH FROM 3PM-7PM
AT INTEGRA SHORES APARTMENT HOMES CLUBHOUSE
100 Integra Shores Drive, Daytona Beach, Fl 321117
( corner of Clyde Morris and Strickland Range right off the LPGA exit #265 off I-95)
I am 5 minutes from the flea market.
You can click on the front cover of the catty up on the left hand side of this blog page and definitely sign up for my feedblitz emails which will put an email in your in box each time I post a new project or special promotion!!
So I hope to see you again soon!





No comments: