Saturday, July 30, 2011

Snow Much Fun in a Beautiful Season


Snow Much Fun stamp set- yes it is...this set reminds me of the retired set Flaky Friends that was very popular when I first started with SU. I think it was my first Christmas set. But, I have to say I like this one better because it does not require masking so much
and you can create your own scenes and we love water coloring.
As for the card it is called the center step fold and you can find the directions
on SCS under resources.
Accessories:
Letter's to Santa DSP, Marina Mist,Black Stazon, Riding hood Red pinking scallop trimmed, and then at the bottom I used whisper white and the tearing technique to make the rolling hills with a little dazzling diamonds to top it off. I love the little rolling snowball at the bottom in the hills

This stamp set Beautiful Season is also very fun to water color. My stamping friends love to water color. I love watching the different color combo's they come up with.
I learn so much from them.
I cased this right out of the catalog. This year's catalog has the BEST samples EVER!!
The trick to this card is on the curly label corners. Cut 4 labels for the back panel (red in this card) and turn them long ways.Take the label punch and hold the CS in the corner of the punch so you can get just the corner as you see above. At first I was cutting them by hand, then I realized, a duh, just put them in the punch. I have found by making some silly mistakes is probably how most really cool techniques are born!

The envelope beside it is an Espresso Petite Pocket die cut with a cherry cobbler embossed flower from the NEW Hostess set Array of Sunshine with a whole punched through the middle and the cherry cobbler dotted scallop ribbon ran thru it to make a bow.
Inside is a gift tag in which you can put a gift card for Stampin' Up! products for Christmas!!

Hope you enjoy!!

No comments: