One of the first cards in the NEW Idea Book and Catalog I wanted to case was one on
page 51 the beginning of the Occasions section.
So I began my investigation of the accessories used to make it
(you can find that list on the right hand side of this blog)
Then tapped into what I had envisioned in my head for DSP and color combo's.
Since I am currently hooked on Timeless Portrait I added this to the ensemble I taught at my Big shot class for the month.
Trust me the bling makes everything!
Alot of people often ask me how you know what colors to use together and make great color combo's? Simply for me, I take whatever DSP I am using and just tie in the colors of CS from that DSP and you really can't go wrong. That is why I love Stampin' Up! all their products match and tie in together!
Accessories:Stock up on your rhinestones!!
- Cherry Cobbler 5 1/2 x 4 1/4
- Vanilla: 5 1/4 x 4
- (2) black 4inch strips to use your pinking border for top and bottom of vanilla insert (below)
- 1x 10 1/4 black DSP from the DSP pattern paper packs for the wrap around bring the end together in the front and your medallion will cover them up.
- 3x3 Cobbler for the medallion in the middle from the NEW Pennant die (the larger one)
- (2) 4x4 Cherry & Vanilla DSP Timeless Portrait and use the clear circle die to wrap around the sides of the back of the Cherry quarter inch piece of CS base, only dotto the back flaps down.
- The top flaps will be secured with the black band and the pennant medallion on the front
- I used the stamp set Happiest Birthdays Wishes (Greatest Hostess Set on pg 10)for the sentiment with the circle scallop punch on vanilla in Cherry ink.
- MY NEW FAVORITE STAMP SET IS CREATIVE ELEMENTS PG. 137 (MHIYS)I used it to decorate the insert and the stamp set
- I used is Pursuit of Happiness sentiment and embossed it in black craft ink and black embossing powder to make it pop more.
- Also added a bit of the cherry cobbler dotted ribbon for the pull tab.
THEN the BLING!